Friday, September 11, 2009

Steady as she goes

Hello! My name is Hang. I have a tumblr account & I planned on blogging about my journey through starting a purse line with a possibility of clothing, maybe children's clothing.
I found tumblr to be fun, but a little bit too...clique'y [I am pretty sure I did that wrong].
It was mostly people posting photography of people, fashion or odd findings, insults, or just random babble you would expect from a 16 year old.
I believe this will better suit me, so that I can connect with seasoned crafters and maybe learn some more things as I go along my journey.
This blog will be slow going, but I will be updating as much as I can with anything that someone who is new(er) to the art of sewing will find helpful.
Well, that was my introduction. Here is what I would like to share.

In the spring of 2010, I will be "launching" my first 2 collections of purses. I believe I will be focusing on elements of nature, clutches & slouchy bags.
I have had my eyes opened up to a whole new world of terms, fabrics, stitches, needles, sewing machines and such.
My thoughts on sewing aren't in black & white anymore, and that makes me excited.
I have yet to even purchase a sewing machine.

I read reviews like crazy.
My first choice was a 60 stitch computerized Brother capable of monograms & other fancy tricks for $169.00 at Wal-Mart. It recieved a 4.8 rating.
Then I heard about Janome, it's user-friendliness and longevity.
I looked at the retailers and my jaw dropped. Can you say expensive.
This is where Ebay came into the picture, I found a refurbished Janome 16774 for $119.00/free s/h.
If this isn't available when I have the funds to purchase it, my back-up is the Janome 2139 for $119.00/free s/h.
I hear they are both very good sturdy-everyday-handbag tough machines so I cannot go wrong.
I've fallen in love with just about all of Amy Butler's fabrics.
I just recently discovered Anna Maria Horner.
I have yet to discover more fabrics & lessons.

Good luck to me.
Good night to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment